Happy New Year! I wasn’t planning on posting today, but Dominic and I have been hanging out since 5:30 this morning. He is finally sleeping again, and of course I can’t fall asleep now, so blogging it is!
1. Is it still gingerbread season or does that end with Christmas? A few weeks ago I got a gingerbread latte from Starbucks because #healthy and it was so good. When I wanted it again but it was freezing outside and didn’t feel like bundling Dominic up to get my fix, I made gingerbread simple syrup for my coffee. I used this recipe for the syrup and it was great. I just put mine in regular coffee but it was still delicious. I highly recommend if you’re into that sort of thing.
2. We’ve been using Walmart grocery pick-up lately (again – it’s cold and sometimes just easier to do this with Dominic). You order online and choose an hour window for (FREE) pick-up the next day. When your order is ready they email you and also update your app. Once you arrive, someone greets you at your car and brings your order out for you. It’s so convenient. They do sometimes replace items but you’re never over-charged. For example, we purchased a 16-count pack of tortillas but they were out so they gave us two 10-count packs but still only charged us the original price we paid. I’ll take it. My biggest complaint is the insane amount of bags. Maybe it depends on the location, but please put more than 1 small item per bag. Overall, it’s been super easy and helpful. Use this link or code RNKHJDV2 and you’ll receive $10.00 off your first order (as will I – thank you).
3. We had our first real snow of the season. Since I can now just stay home when it snows, it’s not all that bad.
4. I had a couple of extra ripe bananas, so on said snow day, I decided to make some banana bread. I used this recipe – super easy and it’s delicious!
5. HAHAHA. Thanks for the laugh Us Weekly. Another reason to hate this guy – in addition to the fact that he’s gross.